Funky Fingers’ Riot

16 Feb

I went to Five Below earlier today with my children. I had promised them they could each pick out one item from the store. I couldn’t help but look at the nail polishes at Five Below. I *LOVE* the Funky Fingers polishes they carry. It’s very awesome considering how cheap they are! They’re $2 each or 3 for $5 at Five Below! I have several of them at home (Mermaid Lagoon is one of my favorites!). I have had a positive experience with Funky Fingers’ glitter polishes. So I’m there, looking through the bins and I spied a purple one! I love all things purple. Needless to say, I couldn’t wait to swatch this one. This is Funky Fingers’ Riot.

FFriot1This shade of purple lies somewhere between a blurple to a deep dark neon type of purple. Riot is such a lovely shade in person. Picture shown is two coats without any type of top coat. It dries to a flat finish. Its finish looks kind of rubbery or wax-like. I love it!! It reminds me so much of China Glaze’s Creative Fantasy from the Cirque du Soleil collection. However this is a darker purple than the Creative Fantasy one. Here’s some close-ups.

FFriot2

Isn’t this hue of purple really nice?! I cannot stop staring at it! I also cannot believe that cheap polishes can be soo beautiful!!

FFriot3I want to hurry back to Five Below and snatch up every other color they have in hopes there may be more of these type of rubber finish polishes. Would I recommend this? Yes. Opacity was reached at 2 coats and there wasn’t any issues with application at all. You would love this especially if you’re a purple lover and/or a rubber finish nail polish lover. These polishes are also 3-free (which is another bonus in my book!) I give this polish 4.5 out of 5 stars!

I have actually picked up some extra Funky Fingers (including another bottle of Riot) for some of my international nail mail buddies that wants these. I found it interesting that Funky Fingers products are produced by Forsythe Cosmetics. Forsythe Cosmetics is the private labeler and owner of Color Club and Art Club.

Unfortunately, Funky Fingers are not available for purchase online. It is only available at Five Below retail stores in the United States. Go to the store locator at http://www.fivebelow.com/ to see if there’s a Five Below near you!

Advertisements

6 Responses to “Funky Fingers’ Riot”

1. Kelly February 16, 2013 at 8:48 pm #

Woah! That is seriously a gorgeous color- and for that price, it’s good that the nearest Five Below is 40 miles away, or else I’d have to start working again so that I could get these! I was raised with cheap polish, so it’s always super awesome when I can find some legitimately GOOD polish without having to sell some of my organs on the black market to pay for it… Lol

• justricarda February 16, 2013 at 8:53 pm #

I couldn’t believe my eyes on how amazing Riot was! It goes to prove that price isn’t a good way to gauge on how great a polish will be. There’s been times where I have bought expensive polishes and I ended up being disappointed with it. On the other hand, I’ve bought some cheap polishes and they ended up being one of my favorites. I hope this helps shows people that cheap polishes can also be that great!!
      Five Below being 40 miles away?! That sucks. It’s such a great fun store where everything is $5 or under!!

• Kelly February 16, 2013 at 11:54 pm #

I hadn’t even heard of Five Below before I read this post- which is a huge crime, since I’m a ridiculously huge bargain hunter! We actually don’t have many good places to shop around here, except for TjMaxx, which I definitely scour for cheap, fun nail polishes. Up until now, I didn’t even know there was such thing as indie polishes- crazy, I know. I’m glad I’m finding this all out now though- and if I’m ever around that Five Below that’s 40 miles away, I’m definitely coming home with some Funky Fingers!

2. Kellie July 17, 2013 at 12:19 pm #

While this is a very pretty color the polish is really thin. It took me 3 coats to cover the bald spots and it pools as well. Love the color but hate the application!

• justricarda July 17, 2013 at 1:24 pm #

I didn’t have that issue. Perhaps Funky Fingers isn’t consistent with their batches?

3. Butterdaisy March 20, 2014 at 7:38 pm #

Really wish I had a Five Below near me. Maybe one day. Very pretty mani! My fave Funky Fingers in my collection is Venom.